Saturday, March 3, 2012

Ancient Cyprus: Its History & Artisitc Periods Cont...

I think I have finally completed the research on the Cyprus antiquities. In the past week I proof read the four page overview: I wanted to make sure I covered in detail the social and political highlights, as well as pottery production and commercial trade during the Cypriot Bronze and Iron Age. I decided to omit the periods post Cypro-Archaic (750-475 B.C.) since the pottery only dates to up to the point. The following periods are the Hellenistic (325-58 B.C), Roman (58 B.C.-A.D. 330) and Byzantine (A.D. 330-700). I was also I was supposed to find out from the Collections Manager how and why the National Hellenic Museum had the pieces on loan. I will try to take care of that on Wednesday. Hopefully next week my primary focus will be working on display labels for the exhibit.

Regards,
Erik

No comments:

Post a Comment